Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Chopped-a-versary!


Hello all! To celebrate our 2-month-a-versary Josh and I went to Ruth's Diner in Emigration Canyon for dinner and a bottle of wine. As you can see from the picture, they specialize in comfort food and home cooking. I ordered the meatloaf and Josh got the pot roast. The food was amazing. The pre-dinner rolls were warm and buttery, the potatoes were perfectly lumpy, and the meatloaf was moist, flavorful, and piping hot. I picked out our wine (if you can't tell from the picture it's called "The Chook" and it's a Shiraz-Viognier blend). Apparently Viognier is a white wine grape so not only was the wine a blend of two different grapes, it was a blend of red and white wine grapes. It was an awesome wine and it paired well with our stick-to-the-ribs dinner. It was definitely the spiciest wine I've ever had. I bought it because the label suggested that it was a unique Shiraz and not generic and I wasn't disappointed. I love food and I love going out to eat. It was fun having someone else prepare the food to give me and Josh a night off cooking. And speaking of cooking, Ryan and Kristin's dinner on Thursday night was awesome. Blog entry to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Everything was great, the food, the wine, and even the company. :)

    ReplyDelete